The Modified Rugby Program (MRP) is returning to Canberra in 2020! The MRP is a world first, modified version of touch-only Rugby, that runs for 10 weeks and is tailored to boys and girls with learning and perceptual disabilities. The aim of the program is to bring these boys and girls off the sideline, providing them a platform to enjoy the game of Rugby.
Vikings Rugby is thrilled to be the first Rugby Club outside of Queensland to host the MRP. A couple of things for all parents who have children participating in the MRP to note:
- All trainings and home games will be held at Viking Park (4 Amsinck St, Wanniassa).
- You will need to register your child through Rugby Xplorer – this is an app that is downloadable onto a smart phone or surface, or you can access Rugby Xplorer on your PC by clicking here. Once on Rugby Xplorer, you will need to create a profile for your child before you are able to register. It is a very easy and seamless process, but please get in touch with us if you are having difficulty with the system.
- Your registration will cover your child’s insurance costs to participate in the MRP and we will also provide your child with their very own Rugby jersey. You will need to purchase playing shorts ($10) and socks ($5) at your first training session from the Rugby Office located at Viking Park. Winter gear is available to purchase, also – please speak to a member of staff at the Rugby Office regarding this kit.
- Don’t forget to purchase a pair of Rugby boots for your child! Major retailer such as Rebel Sport are perfect for this.
- We will provide water bottles, cones and Rugby balls, so just bring yourself and a good attitude!
For any more information on participating in the MRP at Vikings Rugby, contact us by clicking here.
For more information on the MRP and to register your interest, click here.