The Modified Rugby Program (MRP) is returning to Canberra in 2021! The MRP is a world first, modified version of touch-only Rugby, that runs for 10 weeks and is tailored to boys and girls with learning and perceptual disabilities. The aim of the program is to bring these boys and girls off the sideline, providing them a platform to enjoy the game of Rugby.
We are proud that we are one of several Clubs in Australia that makes Rugby available to everyone, of every ability. We encourage all new and existing players to attend our Preseason trainings on the 23rd & 30th of March from 4:30pm, to meet the PlayerMentors, play some footy and become a part of the Vikings family.
A couple of things for all parents who have children participating in the MRP to note:
- The MRP runs for the length of school term 2 (10 weeks), commencing on the 20th of April. Trainings are held on Tuesdays from 4:30pm, and games on Saturdays at 9:00am.
- All trainings and games will be held at Viking Park (4 Amsinck St, Wanniassa).
- You will need to register your child through Rugby Xplorer – this is an app that is downloadable onto a smart phone or surface, or you can access Rugby Xplorer on your PC by clicking here. Once on Rugby Xplorer, you will need to create a profile for your child before you are able to register. It is a relatively easy process, but please get in touch with us if you are having difficulty with the system.
- Your registration will cover your child’s insurance costs to participate in the MRP and we will also provide your child with their very own Rugby jersey, playing shorts and socks ($5). Winter gear is available to purchase, also – please speak to a member of staff at the Rugby Office regarding this kit.
- Don’t forget to purchase a pair of Rugby boots for your child! Major retailers such as Rebel Sport are perfect for this.
- Please bring your own water bottle. We will provide and sanitize cones and Rugby balls, so just bring yourself!
For any more information on participating in the MRP at Vikings Rugby, contact us by clicking here.
For more information on the MRP and to register your interest, click here.