04 Nov George Gregan Scholarship 2022
Named in honour of Wallaby and Brumbies great, George Gregan, this prestigious sporting scholarship provides an opportunity for outstanding rugby union players to pursue their education at the University of Canberra while having their tuition fees waived for subjects passed.
The goal of the scholarship is to prepare the recipients for life beyond elite rugby. They can achieve an internationally recognized degree in the discipline of their choice, while pursuing a pathway through the Brumbies Academy and Super W programs and playing in Canberra’s premier club rugby competitions.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents, NZ Citizens • Indigenous male or female or no-indigenous female scholarships can be awarded for 2022
- Accepted into an undergraduate degree at the University of Canberra
- Selected for the Brumbies men’s or women’s Academy or the Brumbies Super W program. [Please note: Brumbies Core Training Squad (CPS) and Wider training Squad [WTS] contracted players are not eligible
- Selection will be made based on Brumbies Rugby’s assessment of the applicant’s level of demonstrated potential to succeed at a Super or Super W rugby level and beyond. Where two or more students are considered equal in the selection process, the applicant’s academic achievements will be used for selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Up to three scholarships are available per year. • At least 1 will be awarded to an indigenous or female player. • Scholarships will cover up to 100% of recipients’ HECS debt and SSAF for subjects passed only.
- Recipients should maintain a minimum of a pass average and adhere to the University of Canberra’s undergraduate policies and procedures as at https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/Academic/Progres s
- Recipients who do not maintain a pass average may have theirscholarship withdrawn.
- Recipients must continue in the Brumbies Rugby pathway or Super W program to a suitable standard at the discretion of Brumbies staff.
- Recipients must agree to be profiled to promote scholarships offered by the University of Canberra.
- Recipients must agree to their academic progress being made known to the scholarship sponsors if required.
- The University will reserve the right to re-allocate the scholarship if for any reason the scholarship is withdrawn.
- EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FROM FEMALE AND INDIGENOUS APPLICANTS ONLY ARE DUE BY FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2021 FOR 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS.
- These will be considered by Brumbies Rugby as soon as possible after this date.
- Applicants may be asked for additional information/ where required including Year 11 and 12 school reports and an endorsement letter from a Level 3 Rugby Union coach.